Monday, January 16, 2012

9 month check-up

Today was Mason's 9 month check up with the peditrician. Thank goodness, because Mason was and still isnt feeling very well. Wont eat, vomiting. Right now he has been sleeping for around an hour and a half, been the longest he has slept all day. He now weighs 14lbs 4 oz, 23 1/2" long. Not sure what percentile he is on the achondroplasia growth chart with this stuff, but his head is measuring 95th percentile. So our peditrician wants to schedule a CT scan to make sure he is not developing hydrocephalus. I really hope that his head is large and not developing it. Its not really what I wanted to hear today or any other day. UGH! Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Although he is doing better with his head control, he started lifting his head on January 3rd. He has PT Tuesdays and Thursdays and I believe it is helping him reach his milestones. I just hope that they are listening to Dr Pauli with what they can and cant do. I do believe the girl who comes to our house on Tuesdays is, but not sure about the facility we take him to on Thursdays is. We are scheduled to go and see Dr Pauli in March.

We have a sleep study scheduled for next tuesday, hope nothing has changed on that. All these tests make me a nervous nelly.

3 comments:

  1. I hear Dr. Pauli is excellent! I hope everything goes well and Mason feels better soon! If you want I can fax you the Achon charts that I have. Let me know. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a scanner that you send by email?

      Delete
  2. They are available online...

    http://www.pediatricsdigest.mobi/content/116/3/771.full

    ReplyDelete